
I am doing something new in these few days. In last week, Richard and Nick called a meeting and invite 10 SM to discuss about an article in SCMP regarding staff autonomous. We have no idea on what's happening at the beginning. Anyhow, I volunteered to assist Andrew to chair this coalition. More unexpectedly is that, we are being asked to give a presentation in the monthly group meeting to explain why we initiate such group. That's funny, we don't even know why! Anyway, I prepared two slides powerpoint and gave a presentation, trying to give the pitch with PASSION. I think my presentation skills is improved after last year training. As long as I have properly prepared what to say and really understand what I am going to say, I think I am fine in presenting the things calmly (I cannot use the word confidently).
Before that, our project sponsor taught us some presentation skills such as the purpose of presentation (selling, convincing or sharing), types of audience (heterogeneous or homogeneous), audience only focus at the beginning and at the end of the presentation, some hints to give the audience a way out, etc. Of course I have more work load by taking up this responsibility, however, I believe that I could learn a lot from this "extra-curricular activities".
Sponsor said "well done" to me after the presentation (I think he is trying to motivate me actually, haha) and handed me an application for joining tonight German Community Programme held by Invest HK. Invest HK is a governmental body which aim at inviting companies/individuals to invest in HK. By chance that I have an evening conference call with US office at 9pm, so, it is good for me to spend a couple of hours in between. After the whole year networking practice in UK, I feel very comfortable chatting with strangers, I can say I enjoyed the event (you can tell when you see me write a lot). Moreover, the food is very nice, German sausage, land and sauerkraut, etc. Actually, I want to take a picture on the food and send it to April but it is too odd to do so.
I enjoyed trying new things because no one knows what will happen next. For example, I chit chat with the people about my Oktoberfest experience in Munich and HK tonight but I never know I will go to this Germany event few months back. Life is an accumulation of experience and such experience will be useful somedays.
No comments:
Post a Comment