We have Wadham reception at Renaissance Hotel on last Thursday. About 25 alumni attended with a warm welcome from warden Neil Chalmers. I have high table dinner with warden with Oren Sussman before but it is the first time I met Lady Chalmers. Unexpectedly, she is an African. Many alumni know each other because they attended the reception every year and they were neighbours when spending a few years in Wadham. For me, I just spent one year there and only know a couple of friends who are not from HK. Fortunate that I have invited my high school to be accompany me, otherwise, will be a bit boring (and now I made her super boring *o*). I stayed for half an hour until my feet were sore. Overall, it's fun to go there.
The funniest thing is that my name tag is written with 2007, the most freshest graduate among them, looks so young, compared with their 1993, 1995, etc. Interestingly, we count year of matriculation instead of year of graduation because not all people attend graduation ceremony.
Wednesday, 12 November 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment